June 23, 2008

It's Minnesota Day on BTN

Today the BTN highlights Minnesota's most recent athletic year. Below are the notable events to be aired on the BTN today.

12:00 N - 4:00 "Minnesota Basketball: The Journey" episodes 1-8

I don't think I have seen each all 8 episodes but this was an entertaining little series. They followed the Gophers in Tubby's first season. If you look REALLY close, you can see me in the Big Ten ACC Challenge episode as I paid to go with the team to Florida State that weekend.

7:00 - Minnesota over Indiana in the Big Ten Tournament.

The primetime slot is occupied by Blake Hoffarber's miracle shot. Significant accomplishments in minor sports aside, this was the highlight of the Gopher season for most fans.



9:00 - Big Ten Tonight: Minnesota Year in Review

Not sure what to expect but I anticipate they will chronicle some of the team and individual accomplishments that many Gopher fans were unaware of. So this might be fun to watch to see that just because football was 1-11, basketball missed the NCAA Tournament and Hockey was disappointing; Gopher athletics was not a complete failure.

10:00 - Minnesota vs. Georgetown in 1993 NIT

I remember this game and of all the Gopher programming on today this will be the one I try to watch.

Complete BTN schedule can be found HERE.

No comments: