August 21, 2007

Virgin Blog Poller

Well, I have submitted my first blog poll. Please rip my picks and tell me why I'm such an idiot. I am MUCH more knowledgeable on college basketball but I'm anxious for this FB season and looking forward to expanding my expertise on the best fall sport around.

RankTeamDelta
1 Southern Cal 25
2 Michigan 24
3 LSU 23
4 Texas 22
5 Oklahoma 21
6 Louisville 20
7 Florida 19
8 Arkansas 18
9 California 17
10 West Virginia 16
11 Penn State 15
12 Wisconsin 14
13 Georgia 13
14 Tennessee 12
15 Ohio State 11
16 UCLA 10
17 Virginia Tech 9
18 TCU 8
19 Auburn 7
20 Oregon 6
21 Florida State 5
22 Nebraska 4
23 Rutgers 3
24 Boise State 2
25 Hawaii 1

Dropped Out:

Before I get ripped too much I feel compelled to defend myself.
  1. Michigan at #2? - YES, and I did this for 2 reasons. First of all Brian at MGO Blog runs this prestigious blog poll and I am clearly sucking up. Secondly, Michigan returns some serious weapons at several skill positions. Hart, Manningham, Henne and Long are all NFL talent. USC is clearly the team to beat but all other teams have holes, Michigan does too but their strengths are too much to keep them down. Also they have just about all of their tough games at home (Ohio State, Penn, State, Minnesota, etc.). I think they'll be the underdog to USC in the BCS title game.
  2. After Michigan so tough on Big 10 - Yes, I think this will be a tough year on the Big Ten. OSU is down, I think the loss of Stocco will be bigger than anticipated for Wisconsin and Penn State might be the clear 2nd best team but they are not unbeatable.
  3. TCU is my sleeper - they will be this year's Rutgers.
  4. High on QBs and therefore Pac-10 - I think that QBs in college FB are much more important than at the NFL level (see Grossman in Chicago, Dilfer in Bal, etc.). I don't care what kind of hype surrounds the incoming QBs at OSU, LSU, Flor, Wis, Notre Dame, Nebraska, etc, they are still virgin hands under their respective center's butt. This is why I have several Pac-10 teams ranked higher than averaged. USC (duh), Oregon, UCLA and Cal. Usually I think any team after USC is vastly overrated, but this might be a strong year for the Pac-10.
That is enough justification for now, more to come on a weekly basis.

No comments: