November 5, 2007

Blog Poll Week 10 - Anchors Away

I don't think anybody was worthy of the #25 spot so I gave it to Navy as a congratulations for snapping a 43 game losing streak to the Irish. I am a closet Irish fan, but I love cheering for the underdog (I was bummed to see MSU and Bama blow their upsets in the 4th quarter).

As we get down to the final few weeks here is my justification for my top several teams...

1. Ohio State - undefeated, dominant D and have beat some real teams (@WashSt, Penn St, Wis, Minn, etc.)
2. Oregon - the ducks dominated ASU. The loss to Cal is a bit bothersome as the Bears have gone belly up since that W, but all other games were never in doubt.
3. Oklahoma - I refuse to let a road loss on last second FG punish them. Rebounded to win @Tex and Mizz. Recently drilled Tex A&M.
4. LSU - 3 games they had to score in the last 1:30 to sneak out a W. I know a W is a W, but they can't keep flipping a switch like that.
5. Kansas - 76 on Nebraska means you have to take them seriously. I hope they win out and give OU a run for their money.
6. West Virginia - they have some serious athletes, but I don't see a top 5 finish cause I see another loss in their future. My vote is not based on this, of course, but I can't get too excited until they beat L'ville, UConn and Cincy.

RankTeamDelta
1 Ohio State --
2 Oregon 3
3 Oklahoma --
4 LSU --
5 Kansas 4
6 West Virginia --
7 Missouri 1
8 Boston College 6
9 Georgia 1
10 Texas 1
11 Connecticut 3
12 Arizona State 5
13 Virginia Tech 1
14 Tennessee 1
15 Auburn 3
16 Southern Cal 3
17 Alabama 4
18 Michigan 1
19 Florida 1
20 Clemson 6
21 Virginia 5
22 Illinois 4
23 Cincinnati 3
24 Hawaii --
25 Navy 1

Dropped Out: South Carolina (#16), Wake Forest (#21), Purdue (#22), South Florida (#23), Wisconsin (#25).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll take Oklahoma's ninth ranked defense over Oregon's 73rd ranked defense.