November 8, 2007

It's Iowa Week

I'm talking football folks, not wrestling or basketball.

I'm trying to not completely ignore football, but it is hard. If I had any indication this defense could stop Eden Prairie, then this would be a week to look forward to. Iowa is terrible and beatable, but Minnesota would have to put together their best game of the year and I just don't see that happening.

Winning this game would go a long way towards salvaging this season from the worst ever to really, really bad but at least we kept Floyd!

So rather than post any brilliant information from my own fingertips, here are some interesting links regarding the football team and this week's game @ Iowa.

Black Heart Gold Pants - interviews Tim Brewster. " I'm a good interviewer, man! My bro Drew told me I should apply for the Minnesota job, just for a laugh, you know? It was a prank! I was never supposed to get the job! And then they ushered me to this news conference, and they gave me a million dollars!" Who Knew?

Chip Scoggins - at least somebody is still covering the football team. Here are a number of records (individual and team) that the gophers have a chance to break. The dubious defensive records are certain to be broken, but Weber and Decker have a chance to set some single season records on the offensive side of the ball.

Injuries - Pioneer Press gives a rundown of the injury bug that is sure to kill the gophers season :).

The MN blogging world is quickly moving on to basketball, or hockey if you are into that sort of thing. 2 weeks left for Brewster to pull a rabit (win) out of his hat (butt). I'll be watching on Saturday, but not holding my breath.

No comments: