Thank you Pat Fitzgerald. The gopher offense didn't lost anything over halftime but getting the ball at the 50 doesn't hurt either.
28-14, let's make the plays to finish this game.
- UGH - after opening up a 35-14 point lead the offense resorted to it's old ways. The defense was able to force a fumble and give the offense the ball back +21 late in the 3rd. Weber nearly gave it away with a fumble then followed that play up with an INT. 1 play later it is back to a 2 score game.
- Gopher fans have seen this before. 2 or 3 score leads always feel more like a 3 point lead (which might be safe with NW's kicker). The offense HAS to bounce back and sustain a long drive. Points would be nice but a drive to the 40 and a punt inside the 20 would at least eat clock and force the NW offense to drive 80+ yards. 3 and out or a turnover make this a game again.
This is why Glen Mason was fired. Leading by 14 on the road to a beatable team usually ended in a loss! Can Tim Brewster finish this game off? Is it going to be a nail-biter or can we finish this game with a double digit win? This is a VERY telling qtr!
- This game is all too familiar and almost predictable. Honestly, this is Tim Brewster's first real chance to differentiate himself from the past staff.Well, the defense earned a stop. Can the offense drive a little bit?
- Weber is clearly rattled, he has to get a completion here to get some confidence. Fortunately Thomas is running better since Pinnix hurt his hip.
- NICE run by Weber, hopefully that settles him down a little bit and he can lead us to a road win here.
- 3rd and 3 at the 40. Dunbar calls a play action roll out, Weber hits Tow-Arnet for a HUGE first down. Dunbar is taking some heat but I thought that was a great play call and I think he has called a really good game today. The 1st qtr was just feeling the NW D out a little bit, after the first few series this offense has been able to make plays all over the field. 2 turnovers are killers but you can't put those on the play calling.
- 3rd and 5 with 2:08. Run / Pass option called and I wish Weber would have decided to run. That would have forced NW to use their final TO.
- Missed FG and NW has to go about 80 yards to tie. Been here before, would love to see a different result.
- FINAL PLAY of regulation - nope, 2nd timeout. Not sure what this accomplishes, but whatever. OK NOW FINAL PLAY (of regulation) - TD Wildcats. What terrible coverage by Davis. He dropped with the receiver then just watched him go left for an open catch.